Dr. Varsovia SantolivaDoctor of Chiropractic Certified Acupuncturist
• Board Certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners in Chiropractic and Acupuncture.
• In practice since 2001, Dr. Santoliva has extensive clinical experience, with more than 10,000 satisfied patients.
• Graduated from National University of Health Sciences/National College of Chiropractic, a top-tier, accredited, chiropractic college.
Under Dr. Santoliva’s care, patients experience healing from pain, and restored freedom of movement. The inspiring results her patients have experienced were often not achievable using surgery or medications.
Dr. Santoliva, Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.), has extensive medical training and clinical experience in chiropractic and acupuncture. She diagnoses and treats the root causes of patients’ back and neck pain to promote enduring spine health and life-long wellness. She has specific expertise in helping patients heal from herniated discs. Approximately 90% of her herniated disc patients were able to get back to normal activities in less than six months.
Dr. Santoliva is board certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (in Chiropractic Parts 1-3 and Acupuncture) and has been in practice since 2001. She treats patients of all ages, and is fluent in English and Spanish.
Chiropractic Medical Training
Educational requirements for Doctors of Chiropractic are among the most stringent of any of the health care professions. Because of the hands-on nature of chiropractic, and the intricate adjusting techniques, Doctors of Chiropractic in the U.S. are required to complete an average of 4,820 hours of academic and clinical training, with more intensive education in anatomy, physiology and rehabilitation.
Dr. Santoliva completed her pre-medical undergraduate studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago / College of Medicine, receiving a Bachelor of Science in Anatomy and Physiology in 1996. She graduated in 2001 from National University of Health Sciences / National College of Chiropractic, a top-tier, accredited, chiropractic college. She completed an internship at National University of Health Sciences / National College of Chiropractic in 1999 and her clinical training residency in Medicine at National University / Faculty of Medicine.
Academic and Clinical Training in Acupuncture
Beyond her training as a Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Santoliva completed 200 hours of academic and clinical training at the National University of Health Sciences / Lincoln College of Postprofessional, Graduate and Continuing Education (Acupuncture) in 2002.
Dr. Santoliva completed a second clinical training residency in acupuncture at National University of Health Sciences / Lincoln College of Postprofessional, Graduate and Continuing Education (Acupuncture) in 2002.
- National University of Health Sciences: Cox Distraction Technique (Traction), 2000
- National University of Health Sciences: Basic Acupuncture and Meridian Therapy, 2002
- University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic: Functional Endocrinology and Nutrition Supplementation, 2006
- Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques (NAET) and Applied Kinesiology, 2006.
Memberships and Honors
- American Chiropractic Association: Member
- Illinois Chiropractic Society: Member
- Moraine Valley Community College: Professor of Nutrition and Anatomy
- Masters Circle Honors: Nutrition Teacher at Moraine Valley Community College
- Chicago Magazine and Five Star Professionals named Dr. Varsovia Santoliva, D.C. among Chicago’s Outstanding Chiropractors in March, 2014 for providing quality service, based on independent research.